Welcome to the Burton Blog

Come often, Stay long, Laugh much


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Our Story

Saturday, April 25, 2009

3rd Times a Charm

I had to have surgery again yesterday
"3rd times a charm" as my mom would say

I guess it's not so bad they just want me to hear
But how long will I need to have a tube in my ear?

They dressed me all up in this cute little gown
And made me choke some gross medicine down


That did not make me happy, I did not want to grin

But then all of the sudden the medicine kicked in

They brought in a wagon and snuggled me up
I guess it was time for a little nip and tuck

So off I went in my sweet little ride
To get my tubes back in, one in each side

And now for some memories of surgeries past
I'm definitely hoping that this ones the last


5 comments:

The Gardners said...

That is the cutest poem... did you just make that up?? If so , I'm impressed. I can't believe Deacons just got his third set of tubes. Scott just got his first 2 ear infections since he's had the tubes and Matt was so bugged, he's like "Good thing we just spent $1200 on tubes..." I can't imagine what he'd say if we had to pay for them 2 more times. Poor Deacon!!

P.S. That picture of him from his first set of tubes is SOOOO Cute!!

Trace said...

Oh, little Deac Deac. That wagon is so cute. I love the poem too.

Michelle said...

Poor baby.

The Ward's said...

Charity, That poem was darling. Very good! He is so cute. I can't believe how big he is. He looks completley different than I remeber him. It's been to long! I hope everythi ng works out this time.

Jessie said...

Oh that was so cute! He is getting so big! I hope that he doesn't have to do it again. What a cutie!