Welcome to the Burton Blog

Come often, Stay long, Laugh much


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Our Story

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dad's Time for the Kids (NO, that's not Poo on Deacon's Face)



As many of you know, Charity is attending cosmetology school in the evenings. This leaves me with the responsibility of attending to our children all alone. As you can imagine this has become quite an eye opener for me. I don't know what God forgot to give me but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Everything is a challenge. Tonight I gave Deacon and Oakley some Macaroni and Beef for dinner. Yes it came from a can and no it's not healthy, but I can play the Dad card so neaner neaner. Anyway, I thought I had everything under control when I tucked a a wash rag into Deacon's shirt as a bib.(I couldn't find the regular ones because Charity is so unorganized. Yeah right, HE HE HE... The honest truth is I actually suffer from a very common form of DADIOUSCANTFINDIOUS disease, also knows as laziness.) Well, I now know why bibs have the little Velcro tab on, it's so you can safely secure your child inside the ride at all times. My rag Idea lasted about....... you know, I can't really say, I don't think I was paying attention. I also suffer from DCCADD. (Daddy Child Care ADD) Is there a pill for That? Anyway, it didn't last very long. It's this kind of stuff I just can't seem to get the hang of. Common (mother) sense would say don't do this, it's a bad idea Troy, but I just keep making stupid mistakes. Poor Charity, I have to give her credit for entrusting me with her two most precious, more dirty than when she left for school, sometimes.... a lot of times not in their PJ'S, spanked, tired, snotty nosed, past their bedtime, gifts.

Sorry Chard,
I Love you

Pleas take some time and fill out our weekly pole question

5 comments:

Charity said...

Okay, so Troy is a way more entertaining blogger than I am so along with his other "motherly duties" I'm adding blogging to the list.

Michelle said...

"Okay, so Troy is a way more entertaining blogger than I am so along with his other "motherly duties" I'm adding blogging to the list." Yes, his post was hilarious. I shared it with my LDS message board friends. They all commented about how refreshing it was to read the funny entry and commented about about how honest Troy was!

Trace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trace said...

Way to go Troy. You have a very patient wife.

{Elyse} said...

Troy, you crack me up! Im glad to see that its not just Eric that suffers from DCCAD. Worse things have happened when he has been in charge!